Oklahoma Center for Empowerment, LLC (OCoE) Community-Based Services promote independence, integration, and economic development, based on the client’s age and culture appropriate choice.
Community-Based Services are provided to groups of five or fewer clients, targeting community-integrated experience, based on individualized employment-related support.
Employment-related support includes participation in the following:
- Job tours with local employers
- Job shadowing with local employers
- Paid or unpaid work experience in a community integrated setting
- Direct support for service recipients seeking skills training provided by a trade and/or vocational school, community college, as well as other community organizations.
- Integrated settings stamina-enhancing programs
- Transportation to and from Community-Based Services
- Appropriate breaks and lunches
- Utilization of Workforce Oklahoma services, in addition to attending local job fairs
All activities are geared toward the following employment options:
- Full-time employment of service recipient’s informed choice with natural supports
- If one full-time job is not feasible, then two part-time jobs equating to one full-time job.
- If employment is not currently available, short-term unpaid training and/or volunteering in accordance with the Department of Labor; additionally, resume development, job exploration, and/or short-term center-based activities.